We’re looking for an Assistant Producer for the Owain Wyn Evans Show
Fancy waking up the nation live from Cardiff?
We’re hiring a part-time Assistant Producer to work on the Radio 2 Early Morning Breakfast Show with Owain Wyn Evans.
You’ll bring your own bit of stardust and humour to this fast-paced show where, amongst other things, you’ll be gathering listener interaction, cutting clips and lining up callers and contributors.
The show comes live from BBC Cymru Wales Monday-Friday between 4 and 6.30 am. We run a week-on, week-off rota to keep you fresh, so you would be working one week in every two.
Bengo Media is a nimble and ambitious audio production company, passionate about the content we create. We believe in nurturing people to make them the best they can be so that they are driven to create outstanding outcomes for our clients. To that end, we hire people that chime with our values. Everything else, we’ll help you learn.
This is a part-time, fixed-term contract with a pro-rated salary of £26,000 and we’ll consider a job share. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you have a need that we can accommodate in our hiring process, please let us know.
So, if you’re interested in helping us create some amazing content for listeners to Europe’s biggest radio station, drop us a cover letter to say why you’re the person for the job and a c.v. or outline of any experience you think relevant.
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of Monday 28th August 2023.
What You’ll Bring
- A passion for Radio 2 and making Europe’s biggest radio station the best it can be.
- A headful of ideas.
- A zest for early morning working (or at least a good alarm clock).
- An ability to work under direction – and under pressure.
- Confident communication with both colleagues and contributors.
- A logical brain to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- An ability to write clear and concise material which may be used for briefs, scripts, and social media.
- Speaking of which… the ability to spot or create a piece of exciting content for social.
- An ability to make last-minute changes quickly and confidently.
- The confidence to seek guidance and refer up.
- An ability to carry out tasks in a timely manner.
- An attention to detail.
- The ability to work as part of a team environment
- The ability to work flexibly and adapt to new ways of working.
- Desirable (but not a deal-breaker)… an operational knowledge of live radio production and digital editing systems.