Case Study: The ‘Icing On The Cake’ Podcast Series
At a Glance
Client: Weddings by Zoë
Podcast: The Icing on the Cake: UK Wedding Planning Podcast
No. of Episodes: 22
Launch Date: December 2017
Zoë Binning is a professional UK wedding planner based in South Wales. Looking for a way to raise her profile – and debunk the idea that hiring a professional planner is only an option for the rich and famous – Zoë asked Bengo Media to produce a new podcast, aimed at recently engaged couples.
- Zoë had long considered launching a podcast but had no idea how to get started; she was looking for guidance with every step of the podcast design and set-up.
- The podcast would help Zoë to establish herself as a trusted & leading expert in the UK for wedding planning advice and increase the number of media requests she receives.
- Zoë also wanted the podcast to increase the number of new customer enquiries to Weddings by Zoë.
What We Did
- Researched the wedding podcast market, and found it lacking in good, solid planning advice for the UK market.
- Worked with Zoe to devise a long-term content strategy, starting with the creation of a series of 11 podcast episodes, presented by Zoe.
- Planned, recorded, edited and published each podcast episode, making it available to download and listen on all major podcast platforms.
- We have since created a second series of 11 more episodes.
Zoë Binning said:
“Working with Bengo Media has been fantastic. I had wanted to create a podcast series for ages, but just didn’t know how to go about doing it and kept putting the idea off for another day.
Bengo Media helped me to hit the ground running, undertaking lots of research and working out how to approach the series for the greatest return and effect.
I’ve loved the process; I’ve learnt a lot, it’s been huge amounts of fun. Bengo Media have 100% supported me at every step of the way and made me feel really relaxed recording the episodes. I could never have produced anything this effective or professional on my own; the podcast is even getting mentioned in bridal magazines now, which is great.”
Listen to “The Icing on the Cake | Wedding Planning” on Spreaker.